Emotional Body Workshop
University of Cincinnati: College-Conservatory of Music (CCM)
Originally planned for May 11-15, 2020
Monday – Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Registration: $750 ($650 early bird if paid by April 15, 2020)
POSTPONED: The University of Cincinnati (UC) recently suspended all face-to-face instruction and canceled all large on campus events until May 31. We have agreed to postpone the May 11-15, 2020 Emotional Body course planned for the campus of UC. We hope to reschedule this course for another time in the future, but it will most likely not be until 2021.
Emotional Body® Course Cancellation Policy Although it is highly unusual, if a workshop must be canceled for any reason, participants will be notified immediately and will receive a complete refund of all workshop and housing fees. The Emotional Body and Pure Expressions, LLC is not responsible for expenses incurred beyond the registration and housing fees.
In support of our Instructional Understandings and our dedication to using care, sensitivity and responsibility within our instruction and planning of Emotional Body® courses, we are remaining aware of any updates on how the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) might impact our ability to maintain a safe and inclusive learning environment for our courses.
Since many of our courses and workshops are hosted by universities, we are checking with our host campuses for updates on developments concerning curriculum delivery alternatives, public event cancellations, and contractual terms impacting host events. We are also dedicated to working in alignment with any measures taken by our hosts in their efforts to take responsible public health actions that help mitigate the spread of the virus.
Emotional Body Course at the University of Cincinnati: College-Conservatory of Music (CCM)
Patricia Corbett Building
290 CCM Blvd
Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
Attend this 5-day Emotional Body® course and learn a safe and efficient physical method to enter an emotional state, regulate its intensity, and fully exit the experience at will. You will learn how to recognize and identify the emotional effector patterns, and then explore their relationship to the craft of acting.
Actors trained in the Emotional Body method experience a greater range of expression, heightened sensitivity toward impulse and partner work, increased capacity for repeat emotional moments, and “letting go” of emotions after a rehearsal or performance. This method can be combined with other techniques and accommodates the stylistic diversity and eclecticism faced by performers working in the field today.
During the intensive, participants will:
· Learn the six Emotional Effector Patterns through gradual and gentle, yet precise lessons assisting the learner in obtaining an understanding of these primary research-supported patterns
· Learn neutralizing techniques, which engage the parasympathetic nervous system (relaxing/calm) response - essential to creating a safe and solid foundation
· Apply the method to text work, interactions, and group improvisations
· Learn somatic rebalancing and restorative practices to help mitigate the performer’s potential for blurring the boundary between character and actor or emotional hangover
· Learn in a space where instructors are dedicated to teaching a purely physical method for emotion regulation while creating and maintaining a safe, ethical, consent-based, and inclusive environment for all participants
The course is open to anyone interested in learning more about their emotional body, and might be of particular interest to professional actors, advanced students, performers, educators, and public presenters.
Instructors: Laura Bond (Lead Instructor, EB6) and Chaslee Schweitzer (Associate Instructor, EB4). To learn more about Emotional Body Instructional Understandings and Instructor Levels visit: https://emotionalbody.co/instructors/