The Emotional Body Method: Holistic Applications, A Level Two Course
Prerequisite: any Introduction to the Emotional Body Method course taught by our Emotional Body instructors
To Register: Go to our course page to enroll (If you are unsure of your eligibility or if you have any difficulty with your registration, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Instructor: Laura Bond
Meeting Days & Times: Saturdays 11am – 1:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Dates: 7 meetings on October14, 21, 28, November 4, 11, 18 & December 2, 2023
Discover the rich and expanding capabilities possible with the Emotional Body method’s holistic approach to physical emotion regulation in this 7-week course. Practitioners who have received previous instruction on the Emotional Body Method’s approach to teaching the emotional effector patterns now gain valuable personal and professional experience, as they take deep exploratory dives into its potential applications.
Participants will explore holistic applications for…
- Emotional impulses and their potential stimuli, both internally and externally, and what choices we have concerning responses to such impulses
- Shifting emotional states at will, and exploring mixed emotions, emotional polarities or pendulating
- Exploring the concept of how emotions can be a consent-based practice within ourselves, as well as within our interactions with others, allowing more personal agency with emotions, and developing a practice to support these abilities
- Vocal expressions of emotion, feelings, and the impact internally and externally of what occurs with the shared energy that sounded expressions create
- Fully connecting the voice and body with the patterns, along with intentions, desires, and actions in the creation of more consistent, holistic expressions
- Managing vocal and emotional health while gaining these skills in applications, learning essential information about vocal anatomy, understanding personal tolerance levels, identifying, and setting personal boundaries, and considering consent-based agency around emotional expressions
- Centering, destressing, revitalizing, and restoring the nervous system to achieve a calm and restful state, and a quiet mind
For $600 USD the course includes:
- 14 hours of online synchronous instruction. A temporary recording of each class each class meeting will be provided because we know life happens, and sudden conflicts emerge.
- 6 additional hours of recorded lessons and written resources to support private practice is also provided and becomes available as soon as you pay for your registration and remains accessible for a full year!
- One private online 30-minute lesson with the instructor, scheduled after completing the full course of study, is also included in the course registration fee.
- An online course platform filled with rich materials is available to all course members throughout the course including pre-course lessons to help you refresh your study and practice of the emotional effector patterns before the course begins, reinforcement lessons to assist practice in-between synchronous lessons, and to assist with sustaining ongoing practice well after the course ends. The materials include video and audio recordings, and downloadable documents describing emotional effector pattern practice recommendations, and recommended reading materials.
- Emotional Body lessons are also supported by reading recommendations from the text The Emotional Body: A Method for Physical Self-Regulation by Laura Bond. Course registrants will receive a special promo code providing them with the opportunity to order the Emotional Body book through our website at 20% before the course begins.
Terms & Agreements
An Education Course – Not Therapy or Counseling Service
This course is designed for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be used to diagnose and/or treat any psychological and/or medical condition(s). For diagnosis or treatment of any psychological or medical problem, consult your own therapists or physician. The instructors and facilitators of this course are not responsible for any specific conditions that may require medical supervision and are not liable for any damages and/or negative consequences from any treatment, action, application and/or following the information provided in this course.
Emotional Body Cancellation Policy
We rely on an accurate attendance count to make important arrangements for our courses. If an attendee needs to withdraw from a course/workshop after paying their registration fee, they must inform us in writing via email at email@example.com prior to the first day of the scheduled course.
If you need to cancel your participation in a course/workshop, the following refund schedule applies:
• If cancellation is made in writing 15 or more calendar days before the start date, registrant will receive an 90% refund.
• If cancellation is made in writing within 14 calendar days before the start date, registrant will receive a 75% refund
• If cancellation is made 24 hours or less before the start date or if a registrant does not attend the course, no refund is available
Although it is highly unusual, however if the course must be cancelled for any reason, participants will be notified immediately and will receive a full refund of all course registration fees. The Emotional Body and Pure Expressions, LLC is not responsible for expenses incurred beyond the registration fees.
Testimonials from previous online students:
"What a delightfully safe and engaging course in living emotionally! The Emotional Body is about discovering and cultivating emotional clarity, deep personal freedom and creativity. Goodbye boredom, hello humanity!" - Mark Lichtenberger, Feldenkrais Method® Authorized Functional Integration® Teacher
"The Emotional Body offers a fascinating physiologically based way to access emotions and then safely return to a neutral state. What I appreciated most about this training was the way in which the instructors encouraged a gentle curiosity towards how one's body uniquely experiences the emotional patterns. I highly recommend this training for anyone who wants to expand their range of emotional expression whether for personal or professional reasons, and do so in a healthy way, as well as anyone looking to increase their emotional literacy in daily life." - Amy Shearer
"An extremely informative physical exploration of how the body and breath are interwoven and connect to the triggers that spur our emotional feelings". – Michael Kelly, Artistic Director of Shakespeare in Action
"Laura is a true master teacher and workshop leader.". – Marya Lowry, Associate Professor, Brandeis University, Founding member and Resident Actor, Actor’s Shakespeare Project Boston
"I would recommend this work to anyone who has reservations about accessing challenging emotional material, as it applies to the moment at hand, without evoking emotional memory. Go ahead: surprise yourself. "– Patricia Tedford, Associate Professor of Acting and Voice, Thorneloe at Laurentian University, Sudbury
"I was blown away by The Emotional Body approach to expressing emotions -- the lessons were laid out so that anyone can learn how to get in touch with and express their authentic emotions..." - Carter Morgan, Standup comic and Developer Advocate for Google
"I was skeptical about taking an online course with this material, but this course was phenomenal!" - Natasha Lorca Yannacañedo, Actor/Assistant Professor
"The online platform works! Having experienced both an in-person intensive, as well as a full course via zoom, I cannot believe how successful the online experience turned out to be. The instructors are organized and knowledgeable, offering diverse expertise and providing equal and ample attention to each participant." ~ Kate Bateman, Clown, Actor, and Simulated Patient Educator